About Joe Cooper
- Specialist in solving problems common to sailing 30 to 60-foot-long cruiser/racers
- Experience sailing all boat types and sizes – from 9-foot sailing dinghies to 180-foot super yachts, race boats, cruising boats and everything in between.
- Racing expertise, close to 50 years, from day sailing to long distance.
- Over 30 years’ experience as a sailmaker, with extensive knowledge of sailcloth, rigging, and deck layout
- Individual (and family) & Team coaching for racing boats
- High school coach
- America’s Cup veteran (1977 & 1980 campaigns for Australia)
- Yachtmaster Offshore license – master of vessels up to 200 tons
- 60,000 miles of sailing experience
- Writer-Coop’s Corner in WindCheck Magazine, Sailing world, Cruising world and sail magazine
- Lectures and seminars (for your yacht club, class, builder association in the winter)
- Born in Sydney, Australia; U.S. resident for 25+ years
- Located in Newport, Rhode Island